Every new Grey Nomad faces the ultimate initiation before they can get on the road: choosing the perfect rig. But it’s not as easy as it seems. You need to consider space, performance – both on and off the road, the level of luxury, fuel efficiency, and any add-ons.
Before you get overwhelmed, take a look at our pick of the best rigs for inspiration:
- Camper Trailers: Some Grey Nomads will happily tour the outback for years in nothing more than a camper trailer. In fact, camper trailers have come a long way in the past decade, offering a light, easy tow and inexpensive touring option.
- Caravans: Combining comfort, privacy and security, caravans are by far the most popular form of Grey Nomad dwelling. Simply leave your caravan on the pitch and set out in your tow vehicle to discover your surroundings. Pure freedom.
- Poptop Caravan: A caravan with a clever twist – the roof folds down while you’re on the road. This is the perfect option for those who are less confident towing a huge caravan as it provides better driving stability and fuel efficiency.
- Motorhomes: The number one pick for those who simply can’t leave home without all their mod cons and home comforts. Today’s motorhomes are kitted out with everything – HD TV, satellite, air-con, barbecue, full-sized fridge…the works. But one word of warning – they don’t come cheap!
- Dream Homes: There are motorhomes and then there are dream homes. These are the Lamborghini of motor homes. Better, even. Take the Volkner Mobil Performance – an uber-luxurious 40ft bus complete with a fully fitted kitchen with integrated dishwasher, massage shower, underfloor heating, integrated music system and space underneath for your Lamborghini. Time to start saving!
My Generator supplies portable generators to grey nomad customers within all of the above categories. For more handy information visit the My Generator Learning Centre.