Stationary Standby and Prime Power Industrial Generator Set One-Year or Two Thousand (2000)-Hour Limited Warranty
Your Kohler product has been manufactured and inspected with care by experienced craftsmen. If you are the original end user, Kohler Co. warrants, for the period indicated below, each product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. In the event of a defect in materials or workmanship, Kohler Co. will repair, replace, or make appropriate adjustment at Kohler Co.’s option if the product, upon Kohler Co.’s inspection, is found to be properly installed, maintained, and operated in accordance with Kohler Co.’s instruction manuals. A Kohler distributor, dealer, or authorized service representative must perform startup.
1. Stationary Standby Generator Set & Accessories
2. Stationary Prime Power Generator Set & Accessories
1. One (1) year from registered startup or two thousand (2000) hours (whichever occurs first). In any event, the warranty period will expire not later than thirty (30) months from the date of shipment from Kohler Co.’s factory.
2. One (1) year from registered startup or two thousand (2000) hours (whichever occurs first). In any event, the warranty period will expire not later than thirty (30) months from the date of shipment from Kohler Co.’s factory.
The following will not be covered by the warranty:
1. Normal engine wear, routine tuneups, tuneup parts, adjustments, and periodic service.
2. Damage caused by accidents, improper installation or handling, faulty repairs not performed by an authorized Kohler service representative, or improper storage.
3. Damage caused by operation with improper fuel or at speeds, loads, conditions, modifications, or installation contrary to published specifications or recommendations.
4. Damage caused by negligent maintenance such as:
a. Failure to provide the specified type and sufficient quantity of lubricating oil.
b. Failure to keep the air intake and cooling fin areas clean.
c. Failure to service the air cleaner.
d. Failure to provide sufficient coolant and/or cooling air.
e. Failure to perform scheduled maintenance as prescribed in supplied manuals.
f. Failure to regularly exercise the generator set under load (stationary applications only).
5. Original installation charges and startup costs.
6. Starting batteries and the following related expenses:
a. Labor charges related to battery service.
b. Travel expense related to battery service.
7. Engine coolant heaters, heater controls, and circulating pumps after the first year.
8. Additional expenses for repair after normal business hours, i.e. overtime or holiday labor rates.
9. Rental of equipment during performance of warranty repairs.
10. Removal and replacement of non-Kohler-supplied options and equipment.
11. Replacement of a failed Kohler part with a non-Kohler part voids the warranty on that part.
12. Radiators replaced rather than repaired.
13. Fuel injection pumps not repaired by an authorized Kohler service representative.
14. Non-Kohler-authorized repair shop labor without prior approval from Kohler Co. Warranty Department.
15. Engine fluids such as fuel, oil, or coolant/antifreeze.
16. Shop supplies such as adhesives, cleaning solvents, and rags.
17. Expenses incurred investigating performance complaints unless the problem is caused by defective Kohler materials or workmanship.
18. Maintenance items such as fuses, lamps, filters, spark plugs, loose or leaking clamps, and adjustments.
19. Travel time and mileage exceeding 300 miles round trip.
KOHLER CO. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND including, but not limited to, incidental and/or consequential labor costs, installation charges, telephone charges, or transportation charges in connection with the replacement or repair of defective parts.
This is our exclusive written warranty. We make no other express warranty nor is anyone authorized to make any on our behalf.
ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental and/or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Kohler requires the following form to be lodged when the set is commissioned. This will start the warranty running 12 months or 2000 Hours whichever occurs first.
To access the form please CLICK HERE