Searching for the perfect gift for the DIY weekend warrior? Don't wait for the Christmas rush, take the stress out of finding a present and spoil them with something they actually want!
Whether your hubby is planning on starting that new renovation project in the New Year, or your dad is looking for a new chainsaw to replace the one you borrowed without him knowing, we've got the solution for you. And the best news is you don't have to traipse around the shops, queuing with the masses to tick off your shopping list - you can buy it all online! Then simply sit back and munch on a few mince pies while you wait for delivery!
Here are our top 5 Xmas gift ideas for DIY enthusiasts:
1. Home DIY Welding Kit: If the weekend warrior is just gearing up to start on their reno' list, the CIGWELD Weldskill 140 Turbo is the perfect Christmas surprise. Designed to operate from a 240V 15 Amp power point, this fan-cooled home arc welder has a welding current range from 40 to 140 amps. It comes complete with an electrode holder plus 3m lead, work clamp plus 3m lead, welding face shield and lens, and chipping hammer/wire brush - everything they need to get started! Available for $169 from ewelders.com.au
2. Portable generator. Every weekend warrior needs a companion they can count on to see them through every DIY job, and a portable generator will deliver. You don't have to spend a fortune to get a reliable, powerful generator these days. A case in point is the Lectron EC1200, a high quality 4 stroke inverter generator that has all the bells and whistles you need - without being as noisy as bells and whistles. It will power 240V appliances with clean, stable and quiet power and is available at a fraction of the price of big brand generators. The best part is the Lectron EC1200 is so light and compact, it will even fit under the Christmas tree (but maybe not in a stocking...)! Available for $439 from mygenerator.com.au
3. Chainsaw: You don't have to be a keen gardener to put a high quality chainsaw on your Christmas list. My Generator has a high quality range of chainsaws designed for anyone who wants to have a go at lopping trees in the yard, cleaning up after storms, pruning branches and cutting firewood. And they're so user-friendly, we bet even Mrs. Clause has one of these bad boys! For a full range for easy to use and safe chainsaws, check out My Generator, starting from $169.
4. Pressure Washer: If you know someone who takes pride in their home, trust us, this is the gift for them. An electric or petrol High Pressure Washer is great for smaller jobs and maintenance around the home like cleaning decks or fences and getting rid of layers of dust and grime that build up over time. These lightweight models are easy to move around and store, and can also be used to clean the mud away from a 4x4 adventure or keep that boat in top nick. Check out mygenerator.com.au for a full range.
5. Garden Shed: Every weekend warrior needs somewhere to store all their tools and materials between jobs, and these days you can get some great sheds without busting your budget. Check out the Cheap Sheds range of designs including the 1.76m x 2.1m gable roof garden shed, which is large enough to fit your equipment or even to be used as a bike shed. It comes with free anchor kits and is so easy to assemble you'll have it up before Christmas lunch is ready. Available for $357 from cheapsheds.com.au
DISCLAIMER* Please note, this advice is general in nature and we strongly recommend consulting the product manual and where relevant, a professional installer.