If you’re searching for a top-quality lithium battery, it won’t be long before you come across the Invicta battery range.
Their Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are renowned for their premium quality and safety features.
But getting a premium Invicta battery comes with a price tag to match. You’re probably wondering, is it worth it?
In this Invicta lithium battery review, we seek the answer.
Who Is Invicta?
To understand what you’re getting for your money, you first need to know who Invicta is.
Invicta is owned by Sealed Performance Batteries, an Australian Battery Wholesaler based in Melbourne.
Sealed Performance Batteries has been around for over 20 years. Since starting out, the company has cemented its reputation as one of Australia’s most trusted battery wholesalers and distributors, supplying batteries and energy storage products to everyone from the Australian Defence Force and mining companies to small businesses and the leisure and marine markets.
The Lowdown On Invicta’s Battery Range:
What’s on offer in the Invicta battery range? Here’s what you need to know:
- Invicta lithium batteries are available in 12V, 24V and 36V single battery systems.
- We offer Invicta batteries bundled up with a DC charger and some with a DC and AC charger.
- They are ideal for use in commercial and industrial applications, as well as 4×4, caravans and marine.
- Invicta Lithium is a premium range of the highest quality Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) composition, selected for its inherent safety features.
- The Invicta brand promises “endurance and ultimate power in the harshest of environment.”
The best way to see why lithium is a great choice is to compare it to an AGM battery of a similar capacity. (Read a full comparison of AGM vs lithium here).
Let’s take a 100ah AGM battery vs 100ah lithium battery.
An Invicta lithium battery comes up trumps:
- Less than half the weight
- Can be recharged five times faster
- Has more efficient use of capacity
- Can sit unused for up to 12 months without it impacting performance
- Has twice the runtime
In fact, in this real-life test by Invicta and BMPRO, they checked how many cycles the battery would run when cycled through 98% DoD (Depth of Discharge) and full charge.
It proved that a lead acid battery treated the same way would die after around 200 cycles, which means the Invicta battery would have outlived 7 AGM’s.
When it comes to value for money, there’s no contest!
Why Should You Choose an Invicta Battery?
Less Safety Risk:
First, compare LiFePO4 to other lithium technologies. First, there are some obvious safety advantages. LiFePO4 boasts greater tolerance to high temperatures and abuse, such as overcharging or short circuiting. The result is a lower risk of fire for Invicta lithium batteries.
As proof, Invicta batteries come with the IEC 62619 or IEC 62133 certification. These are independent and rigorous tests that ensure the battery and BMS can withstand short circuit, propagation, high impact, thermal abuse (extreme heat and cold), and over-charge and discharge situations.
In-Built Battery Monitoring System:
Next, consider how you will monitor your battery’s performance. The Invicta lithium range includes a built-in Battery Monitoring System (BMS) which helps protect the battery against over-charge, over-discharge and overheating. It also manages internal cell balancing, which is critical to maximise safety.
Built For strength:
Invicta uses aluminium encased LiFePO4 prismatic cells that are bolted together using a solid busbar for strength. A strengthening frame is also used to reduce movement and vibration that you’d normally get in 4WD or marine environments.
Invicta batteries come with a 7-year warranty, which is more than any other lithium battery on the market!
It’s worth noting that the 7-year warranty is only available in approved applications. For example, it doesn’t apply if you install the battery under the bonnet, or if the battery was charged with a device that did not use a lithium profile setting. But if you follow the rules, you are rewarded with a long warranty.
Invicta Battery Features We Love:
There’s a lot we love about the Invicta lithium batteries, but here are our favourite features:
Bluetooth Monitoring Via Free Mobile Application:
On Bluetooth models, you can use a mobile app to monitor the status of the battery’s volts, remaining capacity, current draw and status of the Battery Management System (BMS). It’s also great to help troubleshoot system issues.
We’ve already mentioned it once, but all Invicta batteries have an integrated BMS that protects the battery from over charge/discharge, temperature and short circuit. The Invicta 12V200Ah and 12V300Ah batteries also include inverter friendly capabilities. The BMS is also tested as part of IEC 62619 certification.
An Invicta battery can be installed on either of its sides (though not upside down), which makes it more versatile for use in smaller spaces.
Series & Parallel Configurations:
Invicta batteries are capable of being paralleled, just make sure you read the official Installation Guide for conditions first.
What Other Brands Are There?
- If you don’t want a lithium battery, Invicta isn’t the brand for you. They are so committed to the advantages of lithium batteries, that’s all they offer!
- Other premium brands in the RV lithium battery space include Revolution Power, Enerdrive and Victron.
- There are cheaper battery brands on the market. But as we know, cheaper brands don’t mean better products! With Invicta you get more features, high quality and a long 7-year warranty. We don’t recommend cheaper brands that have questionable warranties and limited after market support.
- However, if you’re on a tighter budget, there are some ‘entry level’ lithium battery brands which don’t have as many bells and whistles, but are still good quality. These include Zeal, Power Sonic and Baintech.
- If you’re looking for a bundle or a complete package from a lithium battery brand with associated components, then you can browse HERE. We have Invicta bundles which include chargers from BMPRO, who are longstanding RV power experts.
- Also Coming Soon: The good news is, Invicta are releasing their own battery chargers and inverters to go with their premium lithium battery offering – to be released in 2021! To be the first to know about our hot new products, sign up to our newsletter here!
There are cheaper options on the market than an Invicta battery. It doesn’t take much research to see this. BUT you definitely get what you pay for. If you look after your caravan battery, you should get a long life out of an Invicta lithium battery… just look at the real-world testing! And we can’t go past the 7-year warranty – a market first!
Check out our full range of lithium batteries online today and take your pick!