Victron Battery Monitor BMV-712 Smart, 5 year warranty. With Bluetooth built-in, the BMV Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
With Bluetooth built-in, the BMV Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
Download the Victron Bluetooth app:
Use a smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device to
- customize settings,
- monitor all important data on single screen,
- view historical data, and to
- update the software when new features become available.
Easy to install:
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); no other components needed.
Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Midpoint voltage monitoring:
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage. Please see the BMV manual, section 5.2, for more information.
Victron recommend their Battery Balancer (BMS012201000) to maximize service life of series-connected lead-acid batteries.
Very low current draw from the battery:
- Current consumption: 0,7Ah per month (1mA) @12V and 0,6Ah per month (0,8mA) @ 24V Especially Li-ion batteries have virtually no capacity left when discharged until low voltage shutdown.
- After shutdown due to low cell voltage, the capacity reserve of a Li-ion battery is approximately 1Ah per 100Ah battery capacity. The battery will be damaged if the remaining capacity reserve is drawn from the battery. A residual current of 10mA for example may damage a 200Ah battery if the system is left in discharged state during more than 8 days.
Bi-stable alarm relay:
Prevents increased current draw in case of an alarm.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 6,5 – 70V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings
Product Category Batteries Other
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Safety EN 60335-1
Temperature range -20 +50°C
Battery Capacity 1 - 9999 Ah
Included Shunt (500A / 50mV), Cable (10 m, 6 core UTP with RJ12 connectors, and cable with fuse for ‘+’ connection)
Voltage ± 0,01V
Time to go ± 1 min
Battery Automotive ECE R10-4 / EN 50498
Emission / Immunity EN 55014-1 / EN 55014-2
Installation Flush mount
Input Voltage 6,5 - 70 VDC
Dimensions Front: 63 mm diameter | Front bezel: 69 x 69 mm | Body diameter: 52 mm | Body depth: 31 mm
Relay 60V / 1A normally open (function can be inverted)
Accuracy of current measurement ± 0,4%
Current ± 0,01A
Accuracy of voltage measurement ± 0,3%
Operating Range (temp) -40 +50°C (-40 - 120°F)
Current draw < 1mA
NOTE Measure voltage of second battery, temp, or midpoint: Yes | VE.Direct Communication port: Yes
State of Charge (0-100%) ± 0,1%
Supply Voltage Range 6,5 - 70 VDC
How to optimize the BMV-700 series sync parameters | Victron Energy
Excellent Product Review by Kane RobinsonIf you're looking for a quality, easy to use shunt, the Victron BMV-712 Smart is your go to. This unit has all the smarts, is easy to fit and is of superior quality.(Posted on 17 June 2022)
Excellent high quality product Review by Chris OlafsonVictron Energy lives up to its reputation for performance and quality. Easy install and clear operating instructions mean that our Battery Monitor helps keep an eye on the performance and health of our new Lithium power setup. Very happy with the decision to purchase.(Posted on 26 March 2020)
Victron Battery Monitor Review by David CullingProduct working just as it should. Easy to set up and operate.(Posted on 15 March 2020)
Great product fast delivery Review by ChrisGreat product. Fast delivery.(Posted on 2 February 2020)
Does the BMV 712 work with ITech 120 ah Lithium Batteries as well? TIA
The BMV-712 will work with those batteries.
Best Sellers From This Category:
Take $30 OFF Your Order*
Enter your details below to subscribe to the My Generator newsletter and get your unique promo code.*$300 minimum spend, single use promo code.